Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<11698e94cb8361b62f1686b64d6351a9720d4d3d@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: Replacement of Cardinality
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2024 21:18:57 -0400

On 7/29/24 9:11 AM, WM wrote:
> Le 28/07/2024 à 19:07, Richard Damon a écrit :
>> On 7/28/24 7:55 AM, WM wrote:
>

>>> Mistake! ℕ U ω = {1, 2, 3, ..., ω}
>>
>> And who was using that set?
>
> I.

>>> See the correction.
>>
>> But what number became ω when doubled?
>
> ω*2

No, that is w double, what number in the first set became w?

>> Every natural number when doubled is a Natural Number.
>
> No.

Why not? WHich ones don't?

>> Note, ω-1 doesn't exist in the base transfinite numbers, just as -1
>> doesn't exist in the Natural Numbers, you can't go below the first
>> element.
>
> If all natural numbers exist, then ω-1 exists.

Why?

>> But, just as we can expand the Natural Numbers to the Integers, and
>> get negative numbers, we also might be able to define an extention to
>> the transfinite numbers that can have a ω-1 element.
>
> ω-1 is not transfinite but cisfinite.

Nope, it is not finite, but beyound the finite.

>>> Using the unit fractions itelligent readers understand that there
>>> must be a first one after zero. Others must believe in the magical
>>> appearance of infinitely many unit fractions.
>>>
>> Nope, since that implies there is a highest Natural Number, which
>> breaks their definition,
>
> That is unavoidable. You believe in the magical appearance of infinitely
> many unit fractions. That breaks logic and mathematics.

Nope, the fact that you admit that you logic breaks the definition of
the Natural Numbers says you admit your logic can't be used with them.

It may be that you logic just can't handle a mathematics are big and
powerful as the full definition of the Natural Numbers, but only
arbirary but finite subsets of them.

You just need to understand your limitations.