Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1k930jdvoc0ovdjvdjai2890prbdqvmn2j@4ax.com>

From: shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-24 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:38:25 -0400

On Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:53:34 -1000, Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
wrote:

>On 2024-03-25 08:30:40 +0000, Ubiquitous said:
>
>> What did you watch?

For me all that I watched was DUNE 2 in the theater where the volume
was again a bit too loud with the low frequencies. I really enjoyed it
though a break in the three hours would have been nice. They left out
some things but it didn't hurt the movie while including something I
don't recall from previous versions or the book. Namely some
carnivorous companions to Feyd. They didn't play a large part in the
movie so it's not really a spoiler but I guess it's one way of showing
how he's more than a bit sociopathic.

They also went for a different sort of look for Feyd Ruatha but I
guess it fits in with Batista's look and their father's look.  The
fighting scenes weren't bad but did lack proper follow through with
the shields as while they did show the slow penetration of a shield in
one fight in the larger fight scenes we got the glimmer of shields but
the swords/knives were clearly passing through the shields at full
speed.

Of course the film ended up with the proper setup for a 3rd movie
which I understand they are already looking at various locations.

What did you watch?