Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<4dk47j1pimbd443oeh06p36ickbdklr2ni@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Coumting bikes
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:49:54 -0400

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:39:36 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 4/20/2024 8:09 AM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>> On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:12:03 GMT, Roger Merriman <roger@sarlet.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Indeed, I ride with a range of folks from friends from my youth to a
>>> variety of different folks at the bike club. From very fit Strava segment
>>> chasers to cake chatters, mostly off road though not always, such as riding
>>> around London Cobbles organised by another club which was a hoot, with
>>> someone I’d not ridden with much.
>>>
>>> Do I ride on my own absolutely! I’m generally more technical than my riding
>>> companion so bigger more scary stuff I do on my own.
>>>
>>> Roger Merriman
>>
>> While other people apparently enjoy small talk sessions, they tend to
>> annoy me because I don't want to come right out tell people that I
>> don't care how their brother-in-law broke his leg, so I have to sit
>> there and pretend that I do.
>
>I'll note two points:
>
>1) Yet here you are, discussing tons of issues that don't affect you.

Indeed, sometimes I'm happy to discuss issues that don't affect me. I
never claimed otherwise.

>2) There seems to be very little in life that doesn't annoy you.

It's pretty much only nasty people like you who insist that you're
qualified to tell others what to do who annoy me. Junior Carrington,
who insults me regularly doesn't even annoy me. He's kind of fun to
exchange insults with.

I really enjoy my bike rides and working on my bike. I love to write.
I like to cook and bake, I love being with my family and especially
watching my grandson play baseball, My wife is a constant source of
joy. There's been much joy in my life and I look forward to more.