Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<8b56eba0ec44b78d23a1029236e2c22734d48ae9@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Proof that DDD specifies non-halting behavior --- Mike correcting
 Joes
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 21:57:45 -0400

On 8/15/24 8:12 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/15/2024 2:00 AM, joes wrote:

>> DDD
>> voila
>>>
>>> You're misunderstanding the scenario?  If your simulated HHH aborts its
>>> simulation [line 5 above],
>>> then the outer level H would have aborted its identical simulation
>>> earlier.  You know that, right?
>
>> Of course. I made it only to illustrate one step in the paradoxical
>> reasoning, as long as we're calling programs that do or don't abort
>> the same.
>>

> It is like I always pointed out. The outer HHH cannot
> wait for the inner ones to abort because it would be
> waiting forever.
>
> You either understand this or do not understand Mike's
> correction.

But that is not an excuess to give the wrong answer.

That just points to the dilemma that it must try to solve, but turns out
to be unsolvable, which is why the problem is uncomputable.

Something you don't seem able to understand, perhaps because you just
don't understand the technical meaning of the words (just like you miss
the technical meaning of so many words because you refuse to study them).