Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uskemr$307pd$8@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Biden Botches Laken Riley's Name During SOTU Shouting Match With
 MTG
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 10:05:15 -0400

On 3/9/24 3:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <usies3$153kf$1@solani.org>, suzeeq <suzee@imbris.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/9/2024 10:53 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> How does DHS perform background checks on people from other countries?
>>>
>>> I couldn't do our normal vetting as a Secret Service agent when we were
>>> in another country. Best I could do was hope the host country would do
>>> it for me and trust their results, so we had to adjust our security plan
>>> accordingly.
>>>
>>> If the foreign country isn't even minimally cooperative, like El
>>> Salvador, which is using Biden's gross negligence as an opportunity to
>>> relieve itself of hundreds of its worst criminals and isn't telling
>>> us which ones are good and which ones are pure evil, what is DHS
>>> supposed to check? Border Patrol can make the guy strip and check for
>>> gang tattoos but that's the depth and breadth of the background check
>>> they can perform. And that's assuming he isn't one of the millions of
>>> "got-aways" that never even encounter BP in the first place.
>>>
>>> Again, this wouldn't even be an issue if the president would just do his
>>> legally mandated duty and SECURE THE BORDER.
>>>
>> And how's he supposed to do that when the Rs in the House are not
>> willing to work with him
>
> In his first month in office, Biden issued 94 executive orders
> facilitating mass illegal alien entry into the country and prohibiting
> the Border Patrol from preventing any illegal from entering the U.S.
>
> He could start with rescinding every one of those executive orders. He
> didn't need any Republican cooperation to issue those EOs in the first
> place and he doesn't need any Republican cooperation to rescind them now.
>
> Second, under existing law, including the Immigration and Nationality
> Act of 1952, the president of the United States has the authority to
> turn every single foreign national away at the border if he determines
> it's necessary to safeguard the country, to include refugees. There is
> no requirement in law or in the Constitution that we entertain millions
> of fraudulent asylum claims (or even legitimate asylum claims, as rare
> as those may be).
>
> There is no legal requirement that we allow a single non-citizen into
> this country. Period.
>
> No new 'bipartisan bill' is required. No Republican cooperation is
> required. Biden could rescind those executive orders and lock the border
> down today if he wanted to.
>
> He. Doesn't. Want. To.
>
> He hasn't wanted to for the last three years. What makes you think he
> suddenly wants to now? He only wants to *look* like he does because this
> is an election year and he knows the American people-- to include a
> not-insignificant number of his fellow Democrats-- are *extremely*
> pissed about the border.
>
>> on a bill written by them and would have authorized more money for border
>> issues.
>
> That money was only going to be allocated to hire more personnel to help
> [...]

No.  YOU don't want to fix it.  Never mind the EO, pass a bill.
You've bitched about the use of EO's only when it's a Dem president.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0