Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uslddb$16jdm$2@solani.org>

From: Mild Shock <janburse@fastmail.fm>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.java.programmer
Subject: Re: ANN: Dogelog Player 1.1.6 (HTTP Client)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 23:49:16 +0100

Small implementation node about the new HTTP client
in Dogelog Player for JavaScript. I am using fetch()
everywhere. No need to get help from libraries such as:

 > Axios is a promise-based HTTP Client for node.js
 > and the browser. It is isomorphic (= it can run in
 > the browser and nodejs with the same codebase).
 > On the server-side it uses the native node.js http
 > module, while on the client (browser) it uses XMLHttpRequests.
https://axios-http.com/docs/intro

First of all XMLHttpRequests is deprecated in the
browser, use fetch() instead. And nodejs has fetch()
since release 21.x.x as well. So they have become
isomorphic making AXIOS obsolete:

https://nodejs.org/en/blog/announcements/v21-release-announce