Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utjqk1$2t4a4$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Scout" <me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net>
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Wannabee wants guns to be controlled like cars.
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 07:06:35 -0400

"😎 Mighty Wannabe ✅" <@.> wrote in message
news:qv6LN.370485$7uxe.15923@fx09.ams1...
> Just Wondering wrote on 3/21/2024 8:51 PM:
>> On 3/21/2024 1:52 PM, Mighty Wannabe wrote:
>>>
>>> My car requires an annual ownership permit and auto insurance policy
>>> with mandated third-party liability.
>> Only if you operate your car on public roads.
>>

> When I go to a car dealership to buy a car, they won't let me take
> ownership of the car until I have the licence plate and car insurance.

No they don't. Pay cash, load it on a flat bed, and drive away.

> I can't say I just want to drive the car in my driveway and my backyard.

Sure you can.. you just need to have it towed there.

>>> I don't see why a gun doesn't require annual ownership permit and
>>> mandated third-party liability insurance policy.
>>>
>> Gun laws are already more stringent than that.  With rare exceptions,
>> you are not allowed to operate your gun on public roads.
>>

> Gun owners incur extra cost to the society.

No they don't.

> Some guns get stolen and used in crime.

Then it would be the criminal incurring the cost.

> Some gun owners go bonkers and shoot up places.

True, but the overwhelming majority of those are known criminals who weren't
suppose to even have a gun.

> If you want the privilege of gun ownership,

It's not a privilege.

> then you should pay annual permit fee and buy insurance.

Would the same apply to voting? That causes far more harm to society.

> This is a capitalist country.

Yes, much as you hate that.

> You incur the cost to society then you should pay the annual permit fee
> and buy the insurance.

Fine, and until such a cost ACTUALLY occurs, then I don't owe shit.

>> You don't want to go down the "guns should be regulated like cars"
>> rabbit hole.  You really don't want that, not one little bit.
>>

> Exactly, guns should be regulated like cars.

So anyone can buy a car?
Cars don't need to be licensed, registered, inspected or even safe unless
used on public property?
That the owner isn't liable if the car is stolen, even if they left it out
in the open and unsecured?
That there is no limit to the power or capacity of the car?
That I can sell a car to anyone at any time, even criminals?
I can build my own cars and sell them to anyone?
I don't need a background check to buy, own or sell cars?
I can sell you a car even if I know you intent to take the car and crash
into other cars with it?
That I can put my car on the front lawn, walk away and leave it there
without issue?
That I can transport a car in a concealed manner without need for special
permits or training?
That in an emergency I can use my car in public places even though it might
otherwise be totally illegal to do so?

Indeed, according to you the ONLY gun that would have to meet any criteria
or conditions would be the gun I am going to shoot on public roads that
doesn't involve an emergency or agricultural use.

Yea, somehow, I doubt that ANY of that what you would accept or are even
thinking of.