Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uts819$1682g$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Can an abort decider be defined that cannot be fooled by any
 pathological input?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 17:16:41 +0100

Op 25.mrt.2024 om 17:04 schreef olcott:
> On 3/25/2024 10:48 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> At least two software engineers with masters degrees in computer science
>>> disagree.
>>
>> Two is not many, considering that with Google for any invalid idea it
>> is easy to find a several people with a master degree supporting it.
>>
>>> Exactly what are you software engineering skills?
>>
>> I have been professionally programming since 1986 in several
>> languages. (Non professionally I started programming in 1975). Since
>> about 1990 I programmed in C and since about 2000 in C++.
>>

>>> I have been a professional C++ software engineer since Y2K.
>>
>> I'm sorry to hear that olcott has been so smart, but now he does not
>> even sees what even a beginner sees.
>
> Can D correctly simulated by H terminate normally?
> 01 int D(ptr x)  // ptr is pointer to int function
> 02 {
> 03   int Halt_Status = H(x, x);
> 04   if (Halt_Status)
> 05     HERE: goto HERE;
> 06   return Halt_Status;
> 07 }
> 08
> 09 void main()
> 10 {
> 11   H(D,D);
> 12 }
>
> *Execution Trace*
> Line 11: main() invokes H(D,D);
>
> *keeps repeating* (unless aborted)
> Line 03: simulated D(D) invokes simulated H(D,D) that simulates D(D)

Even a beginner sees that, if the H that aborts is chosen, simulated
H(D,D) aborts and returns false (unless aborted). So simulated D halts
(unless aborted).

> *Simulation invariant*
> D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly reach past its own line 03.

Even a beginner will admit that a correct simulating decider would see
that D would go to line 04, then line 06 and then halt (unless aborted).
The only reason D does not reach past line 03 is that it is aborted,
otherwise it would.

> *The subject matter is THE D simulated by any H as specified above*
> *Try and point put any mistake without using the strawman deception*

When will olcott finally see his mistakes, which even beginners see?