Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v0uf4m$3db5m$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Chicago to drop ShotSpotter
Date: Wed, 1 May 2024 22:19:02 -0000 (UTC)

Adam H. Kerman <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

>Wnat will become of Gideon Reeves?

>Mayor Johnson to end ShotSpotter deal after summer, making good on key
>campaign promise
>After Sun-Times first reported the decision, Johnson issued a statement
>saying the city "will decommission" the gunshot detection system on
>Sept. 22, meaning cops will have access to it throughout the violent
>summer months and the Democratic National Convention.
>By Tom Schuba and Fran Spielman
>Chicago Sun-Times
>Feb 13, 2024, 10:41am CST
>https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/02/13/mayor-johnson-to-end-shotspotter-deal-after-summer

>Note that Johnson's brand new police commissioner said publicly that he
>wanted the contract renewed.

Whoops

Police, again defying Mayor Brandon Johnson (I have no idea how it is
that none of the executive department heads report to Johnson) publish
statistics that police response was FASTER with a ShotSpotter alert
alone, two minutes slower with a ShotSpotter alert and a 911 call for
the same incident, and almost another minute slower with a 911 call but
no ShotSpotter alert.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/city-hall/2024/05/01/shotspotter-response-times-911-call-chicago-police-statistics-city-council-contract-mayor-johnson