Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v1qjmn$2p3ao$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-05-11 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2024 07:28:39 -0700

On 5/12/24 6:44 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> I watched:
>>
>> MAGNUM PI:
>> This is a strange ep of Magnum PI! He's in the Philippines and bought
>> a painting of three burning witches, one of whom looks like his wife!
>
> One of the few Magnum PIs I saw in the theater.
>

>> What did you watch?
>

> UNDER SIEGE TWO DARK TERRITORY
> I guess I sort of sleep watched this years ago. I took the suggestion to
> watch it again because I know how much Ian likes Katherine Heigl who is a
> very young cutie pie here and must’ve gotten a growth spurt later later.

Yes - she's likely too young still here, but this is approaching "peak
Katherine Heigl".

> By the numbers with lots of moments that make no sense at all, but an
> enjoyable diversion on a Saturday afternoon.

Yes. I think I like it more than the first "Under Siege", even though
the first one is arguably a better movie.

This may also be the "last decent" Steven Seagal flick IIRC. Now he's a
Putin shill, and I hope he catches a bullet IRL.

> MOMENTUM (2015)
> I slept watched this at some point as well. But, hey, it’s Olga Kurylenko!
> She’s a retired thief pressed into doing one more job and they steal the
> wrong thing from the wrong people and wackiness ensues.

I also enjoyed this, though I don't remember the details...

It's definitely better than the Olga K. picture I discovered which is in
a foreign language, and not even in English!!  ;)