Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v2bj3q$31kp6$2@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Riding after heavy manual labor
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 21:02:49 -0400

On 5/18/2024 1:56 PM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2024 11:26:07 -0400, Frank Krygowski
> <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> On 5/18/2024 3:42 AM, Catrike Ryder wrote:

>>> That's from Krygowski who never backs up his own claims.
>>
>> :-) Says the guy who claimed to be the author of various books.
>>
>> Give titles and publishers. Give us a link where we can buy some!
>> (Unless you're ashamed of your work.)
>
> Like I told you before. I'm still a few days from the initial
> publishing. It'll be on Amazon. Editing is a slow process. I'm
> currently on page 101 of 273.
>
> I write very fast and make a lot of mistakes, as you might have
> noticed. I also read very fast. I skip over words when I have the idea
> in my head. That means I have lots of editing to do.
>
> Editing is not only looking for spelling and grammar errors, it's also
> correcting the verbiage as in "can I write that better," or "can I
> change that from a passive verb to an active one," or is there
> something better left off, or added....
>
> My earlier books are out of print, but you might be able to find a
> used copy. Generally, those copies are way overpriced.
>
> The earlier published books are under one of my earlier pen names,
> "John Sailorman Parker." A play on words name selected by my wife. You
> might find some of my very early writing under "Parker Soloman," but
> those were never on Amazon and never had a ISBN. I think they've all
> disappeared. Here's a couple of them while you're wasting for my book.
>
> Angels
> She believes in angels, and I believe in her.
> I see them when she's sleeping,
> although they're just a blur
> they hover all around her
> and sometimes stroke her hair
>   and I hope to be there with them
> when I'm no longer here.
> --J Parker Soloman
>

> Alzheimer's
> There's naught behind his empty face, there's little there at all.
> He can't recall a time when he could see beyond the wall.
> The sun is never bright enough to reach into his mind,
> to clarify the shadows that his racing thoughts might find.
>
> Though even as he dares to seek a passage through,
> the tangle of despair holds true
> The drumming of his painful strife plays on and on and on,
> drowning out the music of a life that's come and gone.
> --Parker Soloman

Wow. That's some seriously bad poetry.

>   Look up "John Sailorman Parker" on Amazon.  There might be several
> different versions of some of the books.
>
> If you find one of those books, don't expect John Steinbeck. I am an
> amateur writer and I do all my own editing, so there might still be
> mistakes. I also make no effort at marketing. I refuse to make my
> writing hobby into a business. Businesses make demands on people. I
> write because I enjoy doing it.
>
> Occasionally, I wander off into my old books and play with the
> verbiage. I believe some of the stories are good enough for a major
> editing and republishing under my new pen name, J. Soloman Heath.
>
> No, that's not my real name either. I prefer being anonymous since I'm
> not interested in recognition.
>
> I've been told that my stories were better than my writing. I have
> studied writing a bit since my earlier books and I think I am a better
> writer now. That's my personal evaluation. You may disagree. The new
> book will be very cheap.
>
> If you don't like it, write a nasty review. I'm all grown up. I can
> take it.

Someone here recently said "Your claims to have done something is not
evidence that you did it." That certainly applies to books out of print
with fewer than a dozen reviews, written by someone whose name
apparently does not match yours.

You'd have done better to claim your pen name was Stephen King. At least
the reviews would have been better.

--
- Frank Krygowski