Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v6i1rm$12ktu$7@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: Minimal Logics in the 2020's: A Meteoric Rise --- Richard
 contradicts himself
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2024 19:56:22 -0500
 <v6el1u$e6tb$1@dont-email.me>
 <3c9ef913b1fbbca50c1a4acd02401906646327ed@i2pn2.org>
 <RpKdnUjg8sjx0Bb7nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <2d0b6260615af8afac79ee8de57bcd45c2f2056f@i2pn2.org>
 <v6fk9p$mr5k$1@dont-email.me>
 <8bd5f2159853ff17ef81b27a85141bccc324e7d9@i2pn2.org>
 <v6fkrb$mr5k$2@dont-email.me> <v6fl9a$mr5k$3@dont-email.me>
 <v6huj5$12ktu$2@dont-email.me>
 <7387a77d06e4b00a1c27a447e2744a4f10b25e49@i2pn2.org>
 <v6i08a$12ktu$4@dont-email.me>
 <c81e1794259853dfd7724900ebfab484679615be@i2pn2.org>

On 7/8/2024 7:37 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Who says there needs to be a infinite proof, since there is no such
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> As I said, one example of such an x is Godel's G.

>>> or, it continue to show that there is no counter examples.
>>>
>>> "Progress" on an infinite path isn't really measurable.

>>> Which just means you are on the wrong path. One wrong path doesn't me
>>> that there is no path.

>>> Which is irrelevent, since Prolog can't handle the basics of the
>>> field that Traski assumes.

>>> So?
>>>
>>> Failure to prove by example doesn't show something isn't true.
>>>
>>> You are just proving you are stupid and don't know what you are
>>> talking about.
>>
>> Every expression of language that cannot be proven
>> or refuted by any finite or infinite sequence of
>> truth preserving operations connecting it to its
>> meaning specified as a finite expression of language
>> is rejected.
>>

> So?
>
> Tarski's x like Godel's G are know to be true by an infinite sequence of
> truth preserving operations.

*You already agreed that such things can never be known*

The Goldbach conjecture is known to be true or false
yet not which one. Anything known to be true by an infinite
sequence of truth preserving operations contradicts the
fact that nothing can be known to be true by an infinite
sequence of truth preserving operations.