Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v8n6mq$3tv07$3@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Who knows that DDD correctly simulated by HHH cannot possibly
 reach its own return instruction final state?
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2024 08:22:17 +0200

Op 03.aug.2024 om 18:35 schreef olcott:
> On 8/3/2024 11:32 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Great! Finally.
>>> When we understand that the return instruction is halt state
>>> of DDD then DDD correctly simulated by HHH never halts.
>>>
>> No, you are just proving you are incapable of learning.
>>
>> The PARTIAL simulation of DDD done by HHH doesn't reach the return
>> instruction.
>>

> ∞ instructions of DDD correctly emulated by HHH[∞] never
> reach their own "return" instruction final state.
>
> So you are saying that the infinite one does?

Dreaming again of HHH that does not abort? Dreams are no substitute for
facts.
The HHH that aborts and halts, halts. A tautology.
The correct simulation of a halting program halts. A truism.
HHH cannot possibly simulate itself correctly.

I am happy that you were not a member of our team when we developed
simulators to check the design of big detector systems.
We knew that a simulation is only correct if it matches the reality. But
you seem to think that it is correct that a simulator does not match the
reality.