Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v9iak3$f16v$2@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Proof that DDD specifies non-halting behavior --- point by point
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2024 08:14:42 -0500

On 8/14/2024 2:43 AM, joes wrote:

>>> Nope, it is just the correct PARTIAL emulation of the first N
>>> instructions of DDD, and not of all of DDD,
>> That is what I said dufuss.
> You were trying to label an incomplete/partial/aborted simulation
> as correct.

When one instruction of DDD is correctly emulated then one
instruction was correctly emulated.

>>> Nope, if a HHH returns to its caller,
>> *Try to show exactly how DDD emulated by HHH returns to its caller*
> how *HHH* returns

Changing the question is the strawman error or reasoning.

>> (the first one doesn't even have a caller)
>> Use the above machine language instructions to show this.
> HHH simulates DDD	enter the matrix
>    DDD calls HHH(DDD)	Fred: could be eliminated
>    HHH simulates DDD	second level
>      DDD calls HHH(DDD)	recursion detected
>    HHH aborts, returns	outside interference
>    DDD halts		voila
> HHH halts

That is the strawman error of reasoning.
DDD correctly emulated by HHH never reaches its own "return"
instruction. Show how it does or admit that I am correct.