Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<vck4jb$15app$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bobbie Sellers <blissInSanFrancisco@mouse-potato.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Bluefish HTML Editor
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 08:33:00 -0700

On 9/20/24 04:59, chrisv wrote:
> The Natural Philosopher wrote:
>
>> If Linux had existed we would never have had DOS
>
> Linux on an 8088 and 64k of RAM?   8)
>
> I guess the 68000 was also an option...

No but the 68020 with the memory management systen chip added might
work. But those were not cheap when in productions.  That is why
the $5.00 68000 chip was chosen by Amiga/Commodore and why the memory
management from TriPOS was discarded. I dunno why Mac went
the same route.

The memory for these old 16/32 bit chips was not very inexpensive
either.
	I spent hundreds of dollars on memory expansions and on
accelerator cards finally with the 68060 at 50 MegaHertz and
about 32 Megabytes of ram. Still no real memory management
and it had problems with running a text editor and a Web Browser.
The great thing was that it had Aminet where shareware and
freeware could be downloaded along with the latest patches.

	Linux is good but still Thunderbird cannot do the
tricks that Yet Another Mailer did nor the Usenet access
programs.  Of course it was invented before .html was a
standard and we only had to deal wth BBSes and ansi
codes.

	bliss

--
b l i s s - S F 4 e v e r at D S L E x t r e m e dot com