Article <0240b761838a429e86cfcf42e3c7a40edc705cfd@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<0240b761838a429e86cfcf42e3c7a40edc705cfd@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Flat out dishonest or totally ignorant?
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 18:44:31 -0400

On 7/2/24 8:26 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/2/2024 6:30 AM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *I tricked you into forgetting to lie so you told the truth*
>>
>> No, your tricked your self into admitting your logic needs to use
>> trickery, and fell into your own trap.
>>
>> Yes, you need to choose an HHH that aborts the DDD that is made from
>> it to have an HHH that returns,
>
> This <is> the problem that I am willing to discuss.
> I am unwilling to discuss any other problem.
> This does meet the Sipser approved criteria.

But where is your diagonization proof?

> <MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>
>      If simulating halt decider H correctly simulates its input D
>      until H correctly determines that its simulated D would never
>      stop running unless aborted then
>
>      H can abort its simulation of D and correctly report that D
>      specifies a non-halting sequence of configurations.
> </MIT Professor Sipser agreed to ONLY these verbatim words 10/13/2022>

And "Correct Simulation" means to Professor Sipser a simulation that
exactly reproduces the behavior of the machine the input represents,
which means a simulation that is NEVER stoped until it reaches a final
state.

Your H doesn't do that sort of simulation, or CORRECTLY predicts that
behavior of that sort of simulation of this exact input, so it never got
the needed evidence to do the second paragraph.

> I don't care that you contradict yourself later on, that it
> your problem and not mine.

But your claim that you meet the requirements is just a lie.

Like your claim you have a diagonalization proof that disproves Godel.