Article <0453e43622bf895bdc9caad315068f0ac80d36b3@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<0453e43622bf895bdc9caad315068f0ac80d36b3@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Re: Minimal Logics in the 2020's: A Meteoric Rise --- eternal
 september failure
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2024 20:01:58 -0400
 <v6el1u$e6tb$1@dont-email.me>
 <3c9ef913b1fbbca50c1a4acd02401906646327ed@i2pn2.org>
 <RpKdnUjg8sjx0Bb7nZ2dnZfqlJydnZ2d@giganews.com>
 <2d0b6260615af8afac79ee8de57bcd45c2f2056f@i2pn2.org>
 <v6fk9p$mr5k$1@dont-email.me>
 <8bd5f2159853ff17ef81b27a85141bccc324e7d9@i2pn2.org>
 <v6fkrb$mr5k$2@dont-email.me> <v6fl9a$mr5k$3@dont-email.me>
 <v6huj5$12ktu$2@dont-email.me>
 <7387a77d06e4b00a1c27a447e2744a4f10b25e49@i2pn2.org>
 <v6i08a$12ktu$4@dont-email.me>
 <c81e1794259853dfd7724900ebfab484679615be@i2pn2.org>
 <v6m42j$1tj30$9@dont-email.me>

On 7/10/24 9:58 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/8/2024 7:37 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
>> On 7/8/24 8:28 PM, olcott wrote:
>>>
>>> Every expression of language that cannot be proven
>>> or refuted by any finite or infinite sequence of
>>> truth preserving operations connecting it to its
>>> meaning specified as a finite expression of language
>>> is rejected.
>>>

>> So?
>>
>> Tarski's x like Godel's G are know to be true by an infinite sequence
>> of truth preserving operations.
>>

> Every time that you affirm your above error you prove
> yourself to be a liar.

What error?

We know, that in the system the statements are made, tehre is an
infinite chain of truth preserving operationf from teh fundamental
truths of the sytsems to the conclusion.

We know that because in a meta-theory we can develop additional
knowledge allowing us to see the infinite chain, with something like an
induction property or something else that reduces the infinite to finite.

> On 7/8/2024 9:59 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
>  > No, infinite "proofs" determine TRUTH, not knowledge.
>
> You could just say, "I didn't say that correctly"
> and we would be done.

Right, an infinite "proof", in quotes because that is the term YOU use,
even though there is no such thing, but in actuality it is an infinite
chain of truth preserving operations  DO establish that something is
True in the system, but by being infinite, we can never dirrectly follow
that path to know it. But, there may be a meta-theory that gives us a
short-cut path (like in Godel or Tarski) where we know that the
statement is true, and thus can show that the infinite chain does exist.

The fact you can't understand that just shows your stupidity.

> *I am going to keep hammering you on this over-and-over*
> *I am going to keep hammering you on this over-and-over*
> *I am going to keep hammering you on this over-and-over*

And I will keep on pointing out yor STUPID LIES.

> People need to know that you lie in your reviews of my work
> People need to know that you lie in your reviews of my work
> People need to know that you lie in your reviews of my work

No, peopel will see that YOU are the pathological liar.