Article <07uLV-uVogCzJhiVnXdZD56GJPU@jntp>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<07uLV-uVogCzJhiVnXdZD56GJPU@jntp>

Subject: Re: Incorrect mathematical integration
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
JNTP-HashClient: w0FYRQ9GunE1j1MfsPqlBW2wVSc
JNTP-ThreadID: Ptg0buW51I-Cbbzx-mVW15r6pQg
JNTP-Uri: http://news2.nemoweb.net/?DataID=07uLV-uVogCzJhiVnXdZD56GJPU@jntp
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 24 21:55:23 +0000
From: Richard Hachel <r.hachel@wanadou.fr>

Le 22/07/2024 à 21:37, "Paul.B.Andersen" a écrit :
> It is obviously impossible to make two clocks side by side show
> the same with infinite precision, there will always be a difference.
> For atomic clocks this difference may be less than 1 ns,
> for say - wristwatches it will be less than 1 second.
>
> As long as the difference is less than the precision of your
> measurements, the clocks can be considered to be synchronous.
>
> Practical examples:
>
> 100 m sprint:
> Two synchronous clocks at start and finish line.
> The precision of the measurements is 0.01 second
> So the clocks must be synchronous to within 10 ms.
>
> Tour de France.
> Start and finish line may be ~200 km from each other.
> The precision of the measurement is 1 second.
> So the clocks at the start and the finish must
> be synchronous to within 1 second.
>
> Do you accept this, or are you still insisting that it
> is impossible to have clocks synchronous to within
> the precision of the actual measurement?

You don't understand anything I'm saying...

Pfffff...

I'm not talking about technical precision, I'm talking about a real
problem linked to the nature of space and time.

This problem is anisochrony, two identical and well-adjusted watches,
which we slowly and in the same way separate over a distance of 300,000 km
will be irremediably out of tune.

They will always have the same chronotropy (internal speed of the watch
mechanism) and for me, who am at the center, they will always mark the
same time.

But between them, there will be a real time difference due simply to the
distance. This gap, absolutely real and unavoidable due to the nature of
space and time, will be one second between these two watches. Each sees
the other beat at the same speed (they are inertial, stationary) but with
a strange delay of 1 second.

Physicists do not seem to understand this property, and only understand
the internal chronotropy when watches are in reciprocal motion, but that
is not enough. We must also understand anisochrony, which is a real
phenomenon, of the first degree, unavoidable, and which has nothing to do
with the speed of light. Information propagates instantly, BUT the present
moments did not correspond to the departure.

R.H.