Article <0a8fbfa508a1d42c3526a14f38e12a15e5d7e874@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<0a8fbfa508a1d42c3526a14f38e12a15e5d7e874@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Who here understands that the last paragraph is Necessarily true?
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2024 10:42:37 -0400
 <v721po$h4kr$1@dont-email.me> <v75a0l$16bjt$1@dont-email.me>
 <v76dth$1cf96$3@dont-email.me> <v77sna$1o83i$1@dont-email.me>
 <v78grc$1rc43$7@dont-email.me> <v7d68d$2t7st$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7dss5$30pvh$5@dont-email.me>

On 7/19/24 10:23 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 7/19/2024 2:57 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> decider/input pairs <are> a key element of the specification.
>>

> Computable functions are the formalized analogue of the intuitive notion
> of algorithms, in the sense that a function is computable if there
> exists an algorithm that can do the job of the function, i.e. given an
> input of the function domain it can return the corresponding output.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computable_function

Right, but not all functions are computable, so you can't assume the
existance of a program to get the answer.

>> Not of any specification of any interesting problem.
>>

> Everyone here seems to think that they can stupidly ignore
> the fact that an input calls its own decider and make pretend
> that this pathological relationship does not exist.

No, you need to take it FULLY into account, since the program the input
represents WILL HALT since the copy of the decider it calls WILL RETUN
0, since that IS the behavior of you claimed to be correct decider.

>>> A simulating termination analyzer proves this.
>>
>> Irrelevant, as you just said it is not a part of the input.
>>

> It is not part of the input in that we already know that
> HHH halts and we only need to find out whether or not DDD halts.

But since HHH halts, it is a NECCESARY fact that the DDD that just clll
that HHH and retuns will halt halt.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for this DDD to not halt when it calls a HHH that halts.

HHH doesn't know this, and makes a INVALID assumption in its logic
because its programmer is just an idiot, but that doesn't affect ther
VERIFIABLE FACT that the actual behavior, as defined by the x86
interpreation of ALL the code of DDD will halt.

Now, that fact that you try to exclude some of the necessary code from
being part of DDD, just means you are just a damned lying idiot that
doesn't understand the requirements for an input to be a representation
of a PROGRAM, because you made yourself INTENTIONALLY into an IGNORANT
IDIOT in the field.

Either the problem is invalid, of DDD will halt if HHH halts.

>>> HHH is not allowed to report on the behavior of it actual self
>>> in its own directly executed process. HHH is allowed to report on
>>> the effect of the behavior of the simulation of itself simulating DDD.
>>
>> Now you said that it is allowed to report on a non-input.
>> Earlier you have said that it is not allowed to report on a non-input.
>>

> Not the same. It cannot report on its actual self as a directly
> executed process. I can report on a copy of itself that it being
> emulating in a different process.

But it can report on the representation of itself it has been given.

If you claim it isn't in the input representation, then yolu LIED that
the input is the representatio of the PROGRAM DDD, which just shows you
are just an lying ignorant idiot about computer science.