Article <0e1890d61dd8c1e7786a2799bd6f6fd4e4dcdc08@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<0e1890d61dd8c1e7786a2799bd6f6fd4e4dcdc08@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?UmU6IGVtYmVkZGVkX0ggYXBwbGllZCB0byDin6jEpOKfqSDin6jEpA==?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=9F=A9_incorrectly_computes_the_mapping_from_its_input_to_?=
 =?UTF-8?B?xKQucW4=?=
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2024 10:41:37 -0400
 <v78mda$1smtm$2@dont-email.me> <v7d5cl$2t3ja$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7ds0o$30pvh$3@dont-email.me> <v7fs29$3f4g7$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7gd17$3hlc2$2@dont-email.me> <v7ikn4$1jv5$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7j2pg$3o7r$3@dont-email.me> <v7l3di$idv1$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7lnrf$luh0$1@dont-email.me> <v7niqp$13ghd$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7obbn$17h8r$1@dont-email.me> <v7qfm6$1m5ce$1@dont-email.me>
 <v7qvs3$1onhe$2@dont-email.me> <v7vnnn$2os1v$1@dont-email.me>
 <v80akb$2rabc$5@dont-email.me> <v82751$39qck$1@dont-email.me>
 <v82v0a$3dftr$4@dont-email.me> <v84tv8$3rmit$1@dont-email.me>
 <v88f8e$i7kl$1@dont-email.me> <v8a1o6$tvll$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8asjm$12hr3$1@dont-email.me> <v8cpaf$1g7h6$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8ds65$1mg72$1@dont-email.me> <v8fecc$22lpn$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8fsnp$24rl1$4@dont-email.me> <v8huaf$2mfmf$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8ikh2$2qpnq$1@dont-email.me>

On 8/2/24 8:47 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/2/2024 1:28 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> Everyone (even Linz) has the wrong headed idea that a halt
>>> decider must report on the behavior of the computation that
>>> itself is contained within. This has always been wrong.
>>
>> What does "must" mean above? How does that relate to what Linz
>> really says?
>>

> A decider computes the mapping from a finite string.
> A decider does not compute the mapping from an execution machine.
>
>>> A halt decider must always report on the behavior that its
>>> finite string specifies. This is different only when an
>>> input invokes its own decider.
>>
>> The input string cannot "invoke". It only specifies.
>>

> In the x86 language emulated DDD calls and emulated HHH(DDD).
> The same thing occurs when Linz Ĥ ⟨Ĥ⟩ transitions to embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩.
>
> This is repeated with simulated ⟨Ĥ⟩ instances transitioning to
> simulated instances of embedded_H.

And, since embedded_H and HHH will decide to abort their emulations and
return, a correct emulation of them will show that, even if the PARTIAL
emulation done by them can not reach that point.

The routines are what they are and the correct emulation will show that
behavior. A version of HHH looking at an input that calls itself, but
treating it as a non-aborting version of itself isn't looking at the
input given to it.

If HHH properly emulates the code of HHH that it sees, it will see the
conditional instructions that tells it there is at least a possibility
of this program terminating, so it can't just use the loop with no
conditional rule for non-termination.

Your attempting to do so just proves your utter stupidity, and the fact
you repeat the error after it has been pointed out makes you a
pathological liar.