Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<0l0s6j5a8ll5j84kfibg1f8ob4gmg0ev10@4ax.com>

From: Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Gentoo Emerge Report 20240615
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 17:08:34 -0400

Diego Garcia <dg@chaos.rocks> wrote:

>Dearest GNU/Linux enthusiasts,
>
>Gentoo emerge, which I do weekly, today brought an update to the
>magnificent (and abandoned by the incompetent idiots) programming
>language Perl.
>
>But the update also brought distress.  As Perl was bumped from 2.38
>to 2.40, suddenly all of my dozens, if not hundreds, of my Perl modules
>became instantly obsolete.
>
>Oh no!  What is a poor boy to do?
>
>Fortunately, Gentoo has the solution:
>
>perl-cleaner -v --reallyall
>
>This fantastic utility, perl-cleaner, will examine and update all Perl modules
>for the new Perl version, and it will even delete those that are inappropriate.
>
>Once again, Gentoo demonstrates its total superiority over all other distros
>by providing a rolling release, built from source, according to user specifications.
>
>With Gentoo, the user is master.
>
>With other distros, the user is slave.
>
>See ya at the plantation, cotton pickers.
>
>Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Who cares?  Mint works as a modern desktop OS, it doesn't limit what
I'm able to do.  My computer is easily able to handle the load.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent.  States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.