Article <0rhbckxb8a.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<0rhbckxb8a.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

From: "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Codes sent by text message
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 16:31:12 +0100

On 2024-03-14 15:28, Frank Slootweg wrote:
> VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
>> Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:

>> Never had to hand your phone to someone else to use it?
>
>    No, not without me supervising its use. And again, they might be able
> to perform some actions, but they can't get into any sensitive apps.
>
> [Irrelevant reverse scenario deleted.]

It is normal with delivery people that I have to sign a form on their
phone or rather tablet. I hope it is not their personal phone.

I don't normally hand over my phone, except on some places they showing
or helping me how to do something. And the phone is placed so that I can
see everything.

For instance, yesterday I went to see Dune 2. I showed the ticket on my
phone at the entrance for scanning (the dot code was equivalent to a 7
character word), went to one of the nearly twenty "rooms", and then I
realized I could not see what row and seat I was on. I had to double
back to ask the lady at the entrance. She smiled. The email had a line
she had to find in my phone that said:

Entradas: 	1 x -Miércoles al cine VIP (6,70 € - 710)

Well, the seat is "710", ie, row 7, 10th chair. Someone goofed the email
design, and the staff knows. The lady moved the email with her finger to
find the line, then pointed it at me and decoded it for me. We both had
a laugh.

Cheers, Carlos.