Article <1378505733.735260358.194354.recscuba_google-huntzinger.com@news.eternal-september.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1378505733.735260358.194354.recscuba_google-huntzinger.com@news.eternal-september.org>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Windows 11 slammed for its 'comically bad' performance
 even on high-end hardware
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:07:10 -0500

Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
> -hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:

>>> Haw haw haw!
>>>
>>> I noticed on my work laptop (thankfully now returned to the corporate tech
>>> depot to be foisted upon some unsuspecting employee) that searches from
>>> the start-menu would include crap from the internet.
>>
>> I can recall Apple trying that same “I’m being helpful!” Web-centric BS on
>> MacOS.
>> Found & Disabled it years ago.
>>
>> Meantime, you’re just starting retirement life .. still in the “feels like
>> time off” phase.  Suggest you do more work-related housekeeping to
>> purge/store whatever work stuff, else you’ll never get to it.
>
> Already done. Practically all of the stuff was on the laptop anyway,
> and copying it off to a stick or printing it to my home printer were not
> allowed.

If one really wanted to retain whatever, there’s invariably ways to do so.

> As far as time-off, well I'm codin' like a sunnovabitch!

So long that it’s something you enjoy.  Just remember that if there’s
“bucket list”-esque activities which you want to do, we’re not getting any
younger, so “do the hard stuff” while you’re still physically able to -
life can throw some real curveballs that are quickly disruptive to plans.

-hh

-hh