Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17bddc26a3cda02d$150$3384359$802601b3@news.usenetexpress.com>

From: Nuxxie <nuxxie@linux.rocks>
Subject: Re: "Kernel surfers"
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:38:11 +0000

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024 06:17:21 +0000, vallor wrote:

> Just grabbed the patch for 6.8.1, and it appears to add a mitigation for
> a vulnerability that I'm not likely to trigger, so I guess I'll skip
> that one.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!  Yet another vulnerability pops up -- and
they'll keep popping up until hell freezes over.

There is a small but definitely palpable performance hit:

https://www.phoronix.com/review/intel-rfds-performance

But when added to all the dozens of other small but palpable performance
hits the cumulative degradation becomes BIG.

Gotta always watch out for that "malicious user-space software" that
is ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, clawing and scratching its way into your
system.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Anyone who believes that crap is ripe for a straight jacket.