Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17c358c9d7504409$125324$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 04:38:27 -0500
Subject: Re: "Speak Out Loudly Against This Evil": Internet Erupts Over Biden Declaring Easter "Trans Day Of Visibility"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 4/4/24 2:05 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <17c30bc626bdf855$124382$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>,
>   trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:

>>> Except they don't capitalize white when it refers to race.
>>>
>>> There goes your rationale.
>>>
>>> Kinda simple.
>>
>> "When speaking of a culture, ethnicity or group of people, the name
>> should be capitalized. 'Black' with a capital 'B' refers to people of
>> the African diaspora. Lowercase 'black' is simply a color.” For her,
>> capitalizing the letter is about recognition for the Black community and
>> empowerment in her own identity.Jun 28, 2022
>>
>> Race on Campus: Should the 'B' in 'Black' Be Capitalized?
>> The Chronicle of Higher Education
>
> Except they don't capitalize white when it refers to race.

Who the fuck is they?  What the rules say and where language has evolved
to are often two different things.  Regardless, you couldn't be more
disingenuous or confused.  Using a small w for "white" has you rushing
to the defense of such a thing, but someone on this group frequently
using ebonics would have you crying like the bitch that you are.  Agree
or disagree?