Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17c3a6b6f4d7b764$3383$1100308$44d50e60@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 04:26:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 4/5/24 2:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4/4/24 9:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> At least the citizens of Japan get value in return for their taxes.
>>>
>>> I live in the highest tax state in the union and when we call the cops
>>> for things like a vagrant openly masturbating in a park while watching
>>> kids, the response is "there's nothing we can do".
>>>
>>> Betcha that doesn't happen in Japan.
>>>
>>> When businesses are run into the ground by repeated break-ins and the
>>> fact that customers can't even get into their front doors anymore
>>> because there's a tent and trash mountain and meth addict face-down in a
>>> puddle of his own vomit blocking them, if they get any response from the
>>> city council besides a bored shrug, they're told "there's nothing we can
>>> do".
>>>
>>> Betcha that doesn't happen in Japan.
>>>
>>> Over and over, crime after crime... "There's nothing we can do. Now shut
>>> up and give us more tax money."

>>> Except I already pay higher taxes and the problems only get worse here.
>>>
>>> Over the last three years the people of L.A. County were taxed more than
>>> $3 billion "to fight homelessness". At the end of that three years, with
>>> three billion of our tax dollars gone, what was the result?
>>>
>>> Homelessness has increased by 32%.
>>>
>> Of course things get worse here. One party has been in control of one
>> house of Congress, and hasn't addressed a single problem.
>
> Congress has nothing to do with the shitpiles California's cities have
> become.
>
> One party (Democrats) has been in control of the state of California for
> the last three decades and has overseen its slide into a garbage pit. And
> it's not even just negligence. In most cases, the government has been an
> active and enthusiastic participant in the destruction.

While still being an idiot, you bring up a great point.  We--you
especially--are in need of a civics lessen.  What things are done at the
federal level, the state level, and the municipal level?  Methinks
keeping a city or township clean is done at the municipal level
primarily.  A state could have an initiative to have these things done
throughout the state, but I find that this would be unlikely.  Meanwhile
your incessant whining and idiocy on the subject hasn't really made
anything in the realm of facts at all forthcoming.  Hope this helps.