Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17c3cfda9deb4ef6$4835$1768716$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 18:00:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Jimmy Kimmel Calls USA "Filthy And Disgusting" After Traveling to Japan: "We Are Like Hogs Compared to the Japanese"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: moviePig <never@nothere.com>

On 4/6/2024 2:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <17c3b84215071849$362$1351842$40d50a60@news.newsdemon.com>,
>   moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

>>> And it's not in L.A. with Hollywood, Venice Beach, the Walk of Fame,
>>> Disneyland, etc.? Tourists are all over the West Side. The TMZ-style buses
>>> and vans clog traffic everywhere, shuttling loads of them around to various
>>> stars' homes and places where various movies and TV shows were filmed.
>>>
>>> (Hint: the streets of Dallas aren't covered in human shit, either. Not
>>> exactly a tourist Mecca.)
>>
>> I haven't been to L.A., which I'm sure has plenty of tourist trade. But
>> I've not seen any state's economy so dedicated to it as Florida's.
>
> Florida has beaches and alligators.
>
> California has beaches plus dozens of other tourist sites. I haven't
> crunched the numbers, but off the top of my head, I'd guess tourism is
> significantly bigger in California than Florida.** Hell, we have
> Yosemite here, too. That alone would rival Florida's tourist numbers.
>
> And I'll leave this here again since you seem to have missed it the
> first time: The streets of Dallas aren't covered in human shit, either.
> Not exactly a tourist Mecca.
>

> **Although I will admit, the leftist government here is doing everything
> it can to destroy the tourism industry in California. Earlier this
> month, a 6-year-old girl was making the tourist rounds with her family
> and she was put into a coma by a psychotic vagrant who walked up to her
> and punched in the face, knocking her to the sidewalk where her head
> bounced off the concrete. A vagrant who was on his 20th trip on the
> catch-and-release merry-go-round that the leftists here call a criminal
> justice system.
>
> If she survives, I don't suppose she or her family will ever come back
> to California again and the tales they'll tell to their friends and
> neighbors back in Des Moines or Knoxville or Tulsa or wherever they're
> from will ensure they don't, either.

    "The tourism industry is responsible for 2.9% of the U.S. GDP. That
number is even higher in Florida, where tourism represents 10% of the
state's overall GDP."
https://www.xola.com/articles/us-tourism-top-states-stats-round-up-post/

But what I'm talking about is, e.g., a general constant awareness of
"tourist season", which I've not encountered elsewhere.