Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17c5ca0b1fb63aa9$25329$3349862$52d51861@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2024 03:36:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Mail-In Voting
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <68-cndeZBcdJV5n7nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com> <uv46qg$bmtd$1@solani.org> <uv6g5b$12q76$1@dont-email.me> <uv6jg8$djfo$1@solani.org> <uv6pq5$155km$2@dont-email.me> <atropos-2242BC.13343310042024@kd014101080069.ppp-bb.dion.ne.jp> <rqdg1jlfmrs7011jmafvm8mdc4p70cdtq1@4ax.com> <atropos-A5E8A1.12413611042024@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net> <1469537007.734560420.592632.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <6s8h1jhscvacm65g7gqifmr443j0vrqir6@4ax.com> <712400235.734590676.026739.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com> <atropos-C6E7A8.01425412042024@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net>
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 4/12/24 3:42 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article
> <712400235.734590676.026739.anim8rfsk-cox.net@news.easynews.com>,
>   anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
>
>> The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>>> I was excused on compassionate grounds once - the court date was about
>>> 3-4 weeks after my mother (who was the driving force behind the family
>>> business) was fatally run over at an out of town trade show)
>>>

>> We used to have a half a dozen different grounds you could ask for an
>> excuse on. They had a list on the form and you check it off. I know they
>> had indispensable to business. And I got out of it once as a caregiver when
>> I was able to convince them there wasn’t anybody else. And they had
>> financial hardship if it was gonna cost you 1000 bucks or something. But
>> that was back in the 20th century and bit by bit they removed them until it
>> says there are no excuses because it’s only one day.
>>
>> But even that’s not true. They will still take a medical excuse if your
>> doctor will write you a note.
>
> In CA,

Are you talking about California or Canada?

  there's exceptions written into the law that they have no