Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17c66abcd3ea53db$57450$3349862$52d51861@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2024 04:41:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Censorship of books in libraries
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <uv41a1$c8a8$3@dont-email.me> <HcKcnZlAQL_HEYj7nZ2dnZfqnPYAAAAA@giganews.com> <17c4b72567149412$90$3553870$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com> <20240409165532.00005caa@example.com> <uv8sua$1o05o$2@dont-email.me> <pddg1jplu1h6adta0btur2sg3leatg6d8t@4ax.com> <atropos-402BEE.12393211042024@69.muaa.rchm.washdctt.dsl.att.net> <uvbhk8$2dmiq$1@dont-email.me> <atropos-AF2BCA.15113212042024@news.giganews.com> <d44k1jlkvj10d8i7ulqjmqcgej0lr5i8fv@4ax.com> <uvgj0h$3kt9v$1@dont-email.me> <atropos-BF8D5B.12054214042024@news.giganews.com>
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 4/14/24 2:05 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <uvgj0h$3kt9v$1@dont-email.me>, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> More to the point, it's restricted to 'primary age' kids which around
>>> here means grades 1-3. Which in my opinion is totally reasonable. If
>>> it were grades 9-12 I likely would feel differently.
>>>
>> Sure. Until it isn't. You start there and they quickly worked their
>> way up.
>>
>> That's how it's done. Once you see the nose of a camel in the tent,
>> it's quickly followed by the rest of the camel.
>
> You guys are the geniuses of incrementalism. You did it masterfully with
> destroying the criminal justice system here in California.
>
> It started with Newsom unilaterally doing away with the death penalty
> despite the fact that the people of California not only passed it into
> law through their elected representatives, but then they reaffirmed
> their support for it overwhelmingly in two subsequent ballot measures.
> But Newsom overrode all 40 million of us and imposed his own political
> preference by fiat.

That's horrific.  How does this compare to the Roe v Wade situation?