Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17cf9cb1ba2e7ce1$37929$2863996$46d50c60@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Wed, 15 May 2024 03:37:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Man strikes back against Seaside California order with boat mural
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 5/14/24 5:18 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <v20mev$dci5$3@dont-email.me>, moviePig <nobody@nowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/14/2024 1:42 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I've already set the nail and given it a few blows but, as usual, it
>>> doesn't seem to be taking.
>>
>> Perhaps you can explain why the mural is "speech" but the boat isn't.
>
> The same reason WAR AND PEACE and Beethoven's ODE TO JOY are speech and
> the boat isn't.

This is so confused and stupid I actually feel sorry for you.  In
actuality the car is speech twice over: a person "makes a statement"
with the vehicle he or she purchases, whether it be a Rolls, a Porsche
or a Ford Pinto.  And like Beethoven or Tolstoy, the creator of
something is also making a statement with something created, so the
design team of the boat is making a statement with the type of boat they
put on the market.  These are very simple concepts so I'm not surprised
you fucked them up royally.