Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17d08cadf5020aaf$62$2537179$4ad50060@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 04:55:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Stormy Daniels Gave "Disastrous" Testimony In Trump Trial, CNN Legal Analyst Says
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 5/18/24 2:59 AM, FPP wrote:
> On 5/14/24 12:43 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> In article <v200c2$89tl$1@dont-email.me>,
>>   "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Crosspost to newsgroups Ubi doesn't read cut

>>> The article that Ubi the shithead plagarized is this:
>>>
>>> Stormy Daniels Gave 'Disastrous' Testimony In Trump Trial, CNN Legal
>>> Analyst Says
>>> By Daniel Chaitin
>>> The Daily Wire
>>> May 8, 2024
>>> https://www.dailywire.com/news/stormy-daniels-gave-disastrous-testimony-in-tru
>>> mp-trial-cnn-legal-analyst-says

>>> Just a moment. You need to explain this in full.
>>>
>>> She was looking for a payout. She approached people close to Trump
>>> seeking money and wanted to speed the process along by threating to sell
>>> her story to someone else if she didn't receive her payout.
>>>
>>> That's extortion. No one has yet explained why her actions couldn't have
>>> been prosecuted under state law.
>>>
>>> Trump's first instinct was to treat her like he treated subcontractors
>>> on developments: Stall the payment or not pay at all. At first he wanted
>>> to wait till after the election, for if he lost, nothing she was selling
>>> would be of value. He was advised to spend the money to make problem go
>>> away.
>>>
>>> None of this is criminal.
>>>
>>> I'm not even sure if paying extortion is a criminal act on the part of
>>> the victim.
>>>
>>> The payment to her was a crime, not because buying rights so she won't
>>> publish what she claimed was her story is a crime, but because keeping
>>> it from being published was of some benefit to Trump as a candidate and
>>> it wasn't disclosed as required in federal law.
>>
>> If that's the standard, then Democrats have all broken that law by not
>> disclosing MSNBC and CNN, which are a lot more than just some benefit to
>> Democrats as candidates.
>>
>>> What Trump is being prosecuted for is ordering that the payment to
>>> reimburse Cohen be written from one of the companies Trump controlled
>>> and taken as a business expense of that company.
>>
>> They're saying it boils down to Trump notating the payment to Cohen as
>> "legal expenses", which is falsifying a business record. This in a city
>> that's a violent hellhole where thugs are making a sport out of walking
>> up to random women and punching them so hard, the bones in their faces
>> are shattered. And when caught, they're released on no bail almost
>> immediately. Alvin Bragg won't aggressively prosecute *that* but Trump
>> putting a vague term in the memo line on a check to Cohen is apparently
>> worth spending millions of dollars of prosecution resources.
>>
>> But don't say this is weaponizing the courts against political
>> opponents. That means you're a conspiracy theorist!
>>
>> Trump should have just written "reimbursement" on the memo line. That
>> would have been completely truthful and yet in no way revealing.
>>
>>> The coverup was illegal in and of itself but if there was an underlying
> [...]

I don't believe he ever was a lawyer because he's too stupid to pass the
bar.  Also, he's fully indoctrinated by white supremacists, most likely
Oath Keepers, so he's completely unable to keep from spewing propaganda.
I can't even remember if there was ever a time where I found his posts
worth considering, but either way he hasn't been the same since that
time he literally drove off a cliff.