Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17d0d7e16b62bc2c$71876$347424$2d54864@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Sun, 19 May 2024 03:53:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Oxford Music Professors: Sheet Music is White Supremacy
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 5/18/24 8:41 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On May 18, 2024 at 4:15:05 PM PDT, "moviePig" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/18/2024 4:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>>   But in the case of these orchestras, there's nothing artificial about
>>>   it. The auditions are blind and the chips fall where they may with
>>>   regard to race, gender, and all the other grievance groups.
>>>
>>>   A mostly white or Asian orchestra is no more of an artificial occurrence
>>>   than is a mostly black basketball team. In both cases, the best people
>>>   for the job are the ones who are hired.
>>>
>>>   Again, why is a mostly black basketball team perfectly fine, but a
>>>   mostly Asian orchestra 'problematic'?
>>>
>>>   Both are historically oppressed minorities and both organizations are
>>>   what they are because they hired the best people for the job. Why is one
>>>   a 'diversity success' and the other a problem that needs to be fixed?
>>
>> Any general policy is subject to second-guessing in any given instance.
>>
>> Meanwhile, a pro basketball team is governed by money, not ideals.
>
> And the teams who make the most money are the teams who win-- i.e., the teams
> with the most talent. If you want to start putting black people in orchestras
> despite them not being able to play Mahler as well as the white guy next in
> line,

Cite?  Hint, your racism is not proof, it's just you acting like a piece
of dogshit.  I claim these truths to be self evident:

Black musicians' low participation in American orchestras often begins
with issues of access and resources. It is expensive to become a working
classical musician, and even more expensive if you want to play in a
professional orchestra.Apr 3, 2024

It's Not Just an Access Problem – Orchestras Aren't Creating ...
I Care If You Listen

  then you have to start forcing basketball teams to hire less-talented