Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17d212040b63de98$19324$3841210$c6d58c68@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Thu, 23 May 2024 03:50:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] German politician successfully prosecuted for telling the truth
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 5/22/24 5:56 PM, moviePig wrote:
> On 5/22/2024 6:37 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>> On May 22, 2024 at 9:57:02 AM PDT, "Rhino"
>> <no_offline_contact@example.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Once again, Leo Kearse hits it out of the park:
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5uW1Htq7XU [10 minutes]
>>
>> She cited the government's own statistics and was prosecuted for it.
>>
>> Truth is now illegal.
>>
>> Orwell (and likely moviePig) would be proud.
>
> So, Orwell and I share some view or other?  Sounds okay...

Let's also be clear that the Inner Party (I know, Twat has no idea what
that is restated the truth as doublespeak, such as "the chocolate ration
has been raised from 28 grams to 20 grams."  Why does "right wing
illiterate asshole" have to be *this* redundant?

Such language described by Orwell is called doublespeak. It is explained
by William Lutz, author of the book “Doublespeak”, as language which
“makes the bad seem good, the negative appear positive, the unpleasant
appear attractive or at least tolerable. It is language that conceals or
prevents thought.”Jun 14, 2022

2.10: Double Speak - Social Sci LibreTexts
Social Sci LibreTexts
https://socialsci.libretexts.org › Argument_and_Debate