Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17d436daa4927f11$38$3919488$c2d58868@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 03:27:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Biden Teaches Us About Tariffs
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 5/29/24 5:32 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <17d413f7d9375ddd$1$675878$4ed50460@news.newsdemon.com>,
>   trotsky <gmsingh@email.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/29/24 1:35 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> June 19, 2019
>>>
>>> @JoeBiden:
>>>
>>> Trump doesn't get the basics. He thinks his tariffs are being paid or by
>>> China. Any freshman econ could tell you that the American people are
>>> paying his tariffs.
>>>
>>> The cashiers at Target see what's going on-- they know more about
>>> economics than Trump.
>>>

>>> May 14, 2024
>>>
>>> @POTUS Biden:
>>>
>>> I just imposed a series of tariffs on goods made in China.
>>>
>>> 25% on steel and aluminum
>>> 50% on semiconductors
>>> 100% on EVs
>>> 50% on solar panels
>>>
>>> China is determined to dominate these industries.
>>>
>>> I'm determined to ensure America leads the world in them.
>>>
>>> ---------------------
>>> So apparently imposing tariffs on China and making the American people
>>> pay for them is only a good thing when a Democrat does it.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the lesson, Joe!
>>
>> So you don't understand the difference between tariffs on raw materials
>> and those on finished goods?
>
> I don't know what kind of fucked up world you live in, Hutt, but that
> list contains tariffs on both raw materials *and* finished products.

Who gives a fuck, you're just trying to deflect from Trump's impending
conviction and now, thanks to me, John Williams being a total hack.  Who
the fuck do you think you're fooling? I'm ten steps ahead of your sorry
ass.  I'm surprised you even responded to this one.