Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17daa7e187a1138a$518479$1616079$c8d58268@news.newsdemon.com>

Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2024 03:06:34 -0500
Subject: Re: 5th Circuit Strikes Down Bump Stock Ban
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
References: <atropos-13D763.17305115062024@news.giganews.com> <v4s1kl$1c3jr$5@dont-email.me> <atropos-B5B6C7.14031818062024@news.giganews.com> <v4t1nu$1ig6v$2@dont-email.me> <atropos-5889D5.18473418062024@news.giganews.com> <v4tfnl$1ons5$2@dont-email.me> <atropos-C71DF5.19385218062024@news.giganews.com> <v4v8jq$23o16$1@dont-email.me> <atropos-A285B6.12133319062024@news.giganews.com> <v4vh5f$258cf$2@dont-email.me> <atropos-35247F.16282619062024@news.giganews.com> <s6077jpsl679hmse4jdbsf9eg38a9pf6qt@4ax.com> <atropos-B140CA.20252519062024@news.giganews.com>
From: trotsky <gmsingh@email.com>

On 6/19/24 10:25 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <s6077jpsl679hmse4jdbsf9eg38a9pf6qt@4ax.com>,
>   shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 16:28:26 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> Because with the bump stock, it's only firing one shot per pull of the
>>> trigger. The trigger is just being pulled repeatedly really fast as a
>>> result of rebounding recoil caused by the bump stock. The bumper rocks
>>> the rifle back and forth against the shooter's trigger finger, causing a
>>> separate trigger pull each time. The statute you quoted above clearly
>>> says "by a SINGLE function of the trigger". If you shoot 100 rounds with
>>> a bump stock, you've got 100 functions of the trigger, not a single
>>> function of the trigger.
>>
>> Yes, you are definitely technically correct. (The best kind.) That
>> said you can see why people consider the bump stock to be the
>> equivalent of turning a weapon into an equal to a machine gun. It
>> isn't a machine gun but it ends throwing lead down field much like
>> one.
>
> I've seen people who can pull a trigger all on their own pretty damn
> fast-- certainly at a speed that most hoplophobes would consider
> "machine gun adjacent".

Holy fuck that's a great point.  Now all you have to do is marry these
people with the concept with mass killing and you're all set.  More
proof that mental masturbation is all you and your brain full of dogshit
have.