Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<17kurk5zfb3mv.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

From: VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android 11: App polling interval is not 15 minutes minimum?
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 18:22:38 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH

Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:

> VanguardLH <V@nguard.lh> wrote:
>> Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Not an ideal solution, but as you're using IMAP, you could use
>>> BlueMail or K-9 Mail as an *extra* mail client and do the manual poll
>>> with that. After all, it's just a fallback in case you don't see/get
>>> the email with the 2SV code in your Inbox.
>>
>> On Windows, Bluemail is a UWP (Univeral Windows Platform) app, not a
>> Win32 program.  Do you know if Bluemail has a setting to configure it as
>> a startup app, so it is running when I log into my Windows account?  On
>> Android, is it manifested to be a stick app or use a service, so it is
>> running when I startup the smartphone?  I don't want to remember to
>> start an e-mail app.
>
>   No, I don't use BlueMail on Windows (but Thunderbird).
>
>   My comment was about your polling issue on *Android*, i.e. what it
> says in your 'Subject:' and the topic of this group.
>
> [...]

I was reading how K9 (don't remember how I landed in their forums)
changed to 15-minute minimum poll intervals, because Android was
enforcing the minimum interval.  If true, configuring an Android client
to poll at shorter intervals (if the client didn't update to match
Android's minimum interval) wouldn't work to sooner get newly arrived
messages in folders other than Inbox.

I couldn't find a manual poll option in MS Outlook or Gmail apps on my
phone.  Only assume that they manually poll at lesser than 29 minutes to
prevent the IMAP disconnects the server can enforce on idle connects,
but I don't know what is their poll interval.

Windows is not a problem.  It's Google on Android where they fucked up
(if true) the minimum 15-minimum poll interval.