Article <18t6ckx95b.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<18t6ckx95b.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

From: "Carlos E.R." <robin_listas@es.invalid>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: European Commission sober! iMessage is not to be designated a
 "core platform service".
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:15:13 +0100
 <ok54akxm8p.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <uquiqc$1mg6g$2@dont-email.me>
 <l41ippFq7mcU3@mid.individual.net> <4QNCN.100133$GX69.74652@fx46.iad>
 <l44532F7pr8U2@mid.individual.net> <RE9DN.80325$5Hnd.36702@fx03.iad>
 <l4dvefFn9aiU4@mid.individual.net> <LhGEN.103732$GX69.84835@fx46.iad>
 <l4hk9fFa27hU4@mid.individual.net> <zXkFN.104245$Sf59.68436@fx48.iad>
 <l4p9grFg8pdU2@mid.individual.net> <liKFN.358552$q3F7.74826@fx45.iad>
 <qv9mbkx69h.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <l4rsvuFsps1U1@mid.individual.net>
 <usbgni$6i8$1$koziolja@news.chmurka.net> <l4tnsoF6s1oU1@mid.individual.net>
 <76oobkxcb8.ln2@Telcontar.valinor> <l5bji0FatupU1@mid.individual.net>

On 2024-03-12 19:00, Arno Welzel wrote:
> Carlos E.R., 2024-03-07 13:23:
>
>> On 2024-03-07 12:48, Arno Welzel wrote:
>>> Jan K., 2024-03-07 05:44:

>>> There is no "group SMS" - it is just a SMS message to multiple numbers.
>>> Depending on the SMS app you can of course you can create "groups" which
>>> just contain multiple recipients for your message. But everybody will
>>> still just get a single message by you and can not see if the SMS
>>> message was sent to other people as well.
>>
>> The recipient of the SMS sent to the group can reply to the group.
>> However it works, it does work.
>
> So - if an user get's an SMS(!) from an iMessage group - what number is
> then used as the "Sender" number?

The time I saw this, most of us were using Androids, I don't remember if
anyone was using an iphone. But I was in Canada, so people just used
SMS, not WhatsApp. Some of us had RCS activated, not all.

When I got an SMS, it appeared first as an SMS coming from an
individual, and moments later, it moved to the group. And for sending, I
sent to the group, but it was in fact sent to every phone in the group.
Another person commented this same behaviour on their phone.

But it appeared as if sending/receiving from the group. I was probably
using Google Messages App.

--
Cheers, Carlos.