Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1ZCcnXD_cey8d8b7nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 23:42:24 -0400
From: =?UTF-8?B?YmFk8J+SvXNlY3Rvcg==?= <forgetski@_INVALID.net>
Subject: Re: It's a myth that cellphone use caused the accident rate to rise
 in the USA
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,ca.driving

On 6/1/24 23:01, Andrew wrote:
> bad������sector wrote on Thu, 30 May 2024 21:42:00 -0400 :
>
>>> The main message I wanted to communicate is that people believe in myths
>>> that have no basis in fact when you bother to doublecheck the facts.
>>
>> There's a dividing line you seem to be confused about, the one between
>> science and belief, the two equally are important realms that are by
>> definition mutually exclusive of one another. The latter tries to
>> process issues that the former is incapable of resolving. To think that
>> all that is is what we 'know' in the folly of many. I once read a
>> perfect example of this when an astronomer (of all people!) said "we
>> cannot find dark matter so it does not exist".
>
> You touch on a point that I've always tried to figure out why people come
> up with religious beliefs about anything (e.g., Apple phones), where that
> belief system is always two things, it seems, which is the crime here.
>
> 1. The belief is fed to the people (by someone with something to gain)
> 2. The belief is wrong
>
> Take the iPhone, for example:
> a. Apple feeds iPhone owners all sorts of false messaging, right?
> b. And Apple benefits greatly by feeding Apple owners these myths
>
> Same here with cellphones.
> a. The government benefits with the increased revenue from ticketing
> b. And the government feeds people that it's "doing something" for safety.
>
> And yet, as with Apple, the only benefit is to their bottom line.
> Even as most people never question those two myths, right?
>
> Back to your point, religion was the first "science" that explained
> everything, such that you could ask any question you wanted to ask about
> why things happen and the answer was that "god" did it, that's why.
>
> While Apple and the government benefit greatly in earning revenue from
> spewing these lies, I don't gain any monetary gain by informing you of the
> truth.
>
> As for dark matter, it's a conundrum for sure. The galaxies are spinning at
> far too great a speed at the outer edges, but it could be almost anything
> (and yes, I'm aware of most of the theories to explain the discord).

Right, too many galaxies are too big to be so close to the Big Bang and
that proves that one shouldn't be theorizing about physics either while
using a cell-phone (correction, no cell-phones then, so maybe one
shouldn't be gobbling up everything that's said to be a fact).

> It could be our equations are simply wrong on the grand scale of things.
>
> Or, it could be matter in another dimension (orthogonal to our three, or
> perhaps in the fourth time dimension, which already is orthogonal) is
> influencing us. By way of background, if you know electrical engineering
> (or math), the square root of minus 1 is either "i" or "j" depending on
> whether you're an engineer or a mathematician, but it shows up in
> electromagnetic wave equations due to the fact that time is 90 degrees
> orthogonal to the three spatial dimensions.
>
> Note that hypothesis is interesting which has an analogy that an ant in
> flatland can't see you above it but if you stand over it, your shadow can
> be seen by that ant in flatland. Your shadow influences what the ant can
> see but the ant can't explain where the shadow came from since it can't
> measure any massive object causing that shadow.
> a. There's a shadow
> b. But where is the mass that caused that shadow?
> c. That mass is in a dimension orthogonal to what the ant can measure.
>
> By the way, another non-intuitive interesting situation is that we all move
> at the speed of light, but most people don't understand that sentence
> because most of that movement is in the dimension of time - and yet -
> everything moves at the same speed - but in the four dimensions - so it
> only appears that some things are moving at speeds slower than the speed of
> light - but if we were massless we'd be moving ONLY at the speed of light
> in the spatial dimensions - which means we don't move through time at all.
>
> That's really why time slows down as we approach the speed of light in the
> spatial dimensions since everything moves at the speed of light.
>
> Just as the fact that gravity isn't a force, most people can't fathom a
> discussion at this adult level - since they're uneducated & ignorant of
> such things. Worse, most have an IQ that can't handle this process.
>
> Sigh.

We're gettin' a stretch past Apple & Google; not that I'd have issues
with that ...I just don't have the time.

--
All species of mobile phones, media devices, Bluetooth or not, and
onboard presentation systems beyond what is essential for vehicle
control should automatically disable themselves within 10 meters of any
vehicle in motion at any speed. "Hands-Free does NOT mean Brain-Free".
In the case of approaching vehicles (pedestrian use included) that
distance should be multiplied (prorated) for every 5km/h of CLOSURE
speed (i.e. no such device should be operable within 200 meters of any
vehicle approaching at 100 km/h). Manufacturers of devices in which such
an automatic lockout feature is missing or can be disabled should first
pay large fines and then be barred from the jurisdiction market. With
respect to other road-hog conduct, in addition to intoxication or
attention-diverting use of lethal-technology while driving,
brake-checking and tailgating should also be hanging crimes. Any
irresponsible vehicle handling should in fact be punished exactly as it
would be in the case of irresponsible weapons handling (which ALSO needs
to be beefed up).