Article <1c388fc5e8b064ee667476d259e00f9cf4fc2dd1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1c388fc5e8b064ee667476d259e00f9cf4fc2dd1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: sci.logic
Subject: Re: This makes all Analytic(Olcott) truth computable
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2024 14:17:55 -0400
 <v8cr4g$1gk19$1@dont-email.me> <v8dinp$1kii7$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8hv72$2mmsq$1@dont-email.me> <v8iisj$2qetj$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8kuhb$3d5q8$1@dont-email.me> <v8lc7p$3f6vr$2@dont-email.me>
 <v8naa8$3uo7s$1@dont-email.me> <v8nqo7$1n09$1@dont-email.me>
 <v8sm9o$1gk42$1@dont-email.me> <v8t2fl$1ilg6$2@dont-email.me>
 <v8v97m$2cofk$1@dont-email.me> <v8vusp$32fso$16@dont-email.me>
 <v91p95$3ppav$1@dont-email.me> <v92q4f$37e9$1@dont-email.me>
 <v94l1p$ldq7$1@dont-email.me> <v95c2j$p5rb$4@dont-email.me>
 <v95cke$p5rb$5@dont-email.me> <v977fo$gsru$1@dont-email.me>
 <v97goj$ielu$1@dont-email.me> <v9c93e$35sg6$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9d3k1$3ajip$1@dont-email.me> <v9ffpr$3s45o$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9fkd4$3se8c$1@dont-email.me> <v9kg66$tdvb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9nbjf$1dj8q$1@dont-email.me>
 <20b1dea98eda49e74e822c96b37565bb3eb36013@i2pn2.org>
 <v9o4p2$1h5u4$1@dont-email.me> <v9shii$2bmob$1@dont-email.me>
 <v9sog0$2c67u$8@dont-email.me>

On 8/18/24 8:12 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 8/18/2024 5:14 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> Not at all. I am doing the same sort thing that ZFC
>>> did to conquer Russell's Paradox.
>>
>> Zermelo constructed a new formal theory that does not have that paradox.
>> Note that the paradox was not present in Cantor's original theory as
>> Cantor did not promise that Russell's set exists. But Cantor's original
>> presentation was not fully formal so it was not clear that Russell's
>> set does not exist.
>>

> I am redefining the notion of a formal system to get
> rid of undecidability. This requires few changes.

No, it requrires re-proving EVERYTHING that was possibly derived from
the axioms you are changing to do this, and if that is something
fundamental like the definiton of how we do implications, that means
EVERYTHING.

You need to hurry on that, as that is problem many lifetimes of work,
and it sounds like you don't have much time.