Article <1dcn4jtkq5uppr1ief7g5qn9gpf2ut48ch@4ax.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1dcn4jtkq5uppr1ief7g5qn9gpf2ut48ch@4ax.com>

From: Catrike Ryder <Soloman@old.bikers.org>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Riding after heavy manual labor
Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 16:25:13 -0400
References: <v22tus$112b0$1@dont-email.me> <Sx91O.142$JW17.90@fx12.iad> <v23r8c$1b4fo$1@dont-email.me> <ucp1O.3$M8K4.0@fx03.iad> <v25kce$1n7u9$2@dont-email.me> <3lt1O.137$PQPa.75@fx11.iad> <UrM1O.16$pIPf.8@fx43.iad> <v297n9$2k295$1@dont-email.me> <4tmg4jpimsmcdf848ug4s972aflo2qrogo@4ax.com> <v2ahah$2r9ch$3@dont-email.me> <7uqh4jt7vdlppe1bosf0rsc61v8r52392a@4ax.com> <v2bj3q$31kp6$2@dont-email.me> <ePK2O.19769$lp3b.9822@fx14.iad> <v2g8a8$53sv$1@dont-email.me>

On Mon, 20 May 2024 15:29:09 -0400, Frank Krygowski
<frkrygow@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On 5/20/2024 12:24 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:

>>> Wow. That's some seriously bad poetry.

>>> Someone here recently said "Your claims to have done something is not
>>> evidence that you did it." That certainly applies to books out of print
>>> with fewer than a dozen reviews, written by someone whose name
>>> apparently does not match yours.
>>>
>>> You'd have done better to claim your pen name was Stephen King. At least
>>> the reviews would have been better.
>>>

>> Frank, what poetry have you written? ...
>
>My main point in this dispute with the tricycle rider is that he demands
>documentation of others' achievements. When documentation is provided,
>he states that he doesn't believe it, and/or labels it bragging.

You claims of having done something are not documentation.

>He's now bragged about writing novels (that nobody reads) but has

I don't brag. I simply said that I write books. Fact is that anybody
can write books. I never claimed anything more.

>provided no proof that the cited works are actually his. He's admitted
>his name is not listed as author,

<LOL> You don't even know my name, Dumbass.

>and that the novels are unsuccessful.

Success is a often a subjective evaluation.  My subjective evaluation
is that they were successful. I don't concern myself with other's
evaluations.

>I'm just trying to hold him to his own standards.

<LOL> Krygowski asked about my books. I showed him, so now all he can
do is pretend that I didn't write them, or insult the quality.

>As to the quality of poetry, there's a fairly simple test: Submit it for
>publication. If its printed by a well-respected publication, it's
>arguably good.

Nonsense, none of the so called well-respected publications accept
anything except from an agent, which costs money. Agent's demand that
your publication be professionally edited, which also costs money..

https://scribemedia.com/editing-types/

Other publishers will publish and market anything if you pay them up
front. They're called "vanity publishers."

I do not pay anything up front. One can publish on Amazon for free and
they only take a cut of the sales. They do have some standards.

> If its rejected by all such publications, it's not good.

Ahhh, yes, other persons' evaluations are very important to Krygowski.
That seems to be what he lives for.