Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1iea6jlt7t26l8g15gbjotn88v1c96mpsv@4ax.com>

From: legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Operating temperature derating
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2024 01:36:43 -0400

On Sat, 08 Jun 2024 07:40:50 -0700, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Jun 2024 00:29:20 -0400, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

>>>That's entirely wrong. Whether you make spears or helicopters, you
>>>need repeat business.
>>
>>Tell it to the bandits. There are plenty of suckers out there and
>>paper/internet bumph easily generated to suit them.
>
>You can buy Sony or cheap no-name Chinese junk. Your choice. Would you
>prefer to not have a choice?
>

>>>Communist thugs are the genocidal bandits. They have a captive market
>>>and no competition.
>>
>>Compared to the large-scale kleptocracies that replaced them? . . .
>
>The US and Europe have antitrust laws that pretty well ensure multiple
>suppliers and competition. The real kleptocracy, in the USA or in
>Russia or in China, is the government.

In the US, the govt ensures that wall street is not inconvenienced.
Assets are stripped to pay dividends, labor juggled for a similar
benefit. Industry in north america is just not delivering.

>If you don 't want to buy a car from Honda, GM, Ford, Toyota, Kia,
>Tesla, VW, or BMW, walk in the rain and snow like most of your
>ancestors did. Few of our ancestors could afford a horse.

You're forgetting BYD, Brilliance, Chery, Changfeng, Geely, Great Wall
or any of the european-name-brand subsidiaries in India.

I've only ever paid for one car - had to pay for the telephone pole it
was totalled against, as well (it was that long ago).

Anyways - a bit of a non-sequitur , neh?

RL