Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1qsfmre.due2p71vk08ovN%liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid>

From: liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid (Liz Tuddenham)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: anti-gravity? [OT]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:25:58 +0100

Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote:

> Liz Tuddenham <liz@poppyrecords.invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamMeSenseless@electrooptical.net> wrote:

> >> Of course little things like the equality of inertial and gravitational
> >> mass (so that objects of different density fall at the same speed)
> >> don’t fit easily into such a picture.
> >
> > If you postulate that the forces interact with mass rather than area or
> > volume, that is easily explained.
> >
> > Why do we assume that gravity is a pull based on mass, when it could
> > equally well be a push based on mass?
> >

> Whenever you feel like reading the rest of my post, let me know. ;)

Your post appeared to concentrate on particles,which, I agree, are not a
good explanation for gravity.  I am taking a more general view that
gravitatioal 'attraction' could equally likely be something-or-other
'non-repulsion' .  The something-or-other isn't particles and isn't
electromagnetic waves but we don't know what it is and have ignored the
possibility that it might exist.

We invented the term "gravity" to account for an observed phenomenon but
we don't really know what it is or whether it exists -- why can't we
invent an equally plausible mass-intercepted force and see if we can
find out if that exists and what causes it?

--
~ Liz Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk