Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<1r4n5qkqmgur5$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

From: VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Android 11: App polling interval is not 15 minutes minimum?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 17:17:07 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH

Frank Slootweg <this@ddress.is.invalid> wrote:

> Not an ideal solution, but as you're using IMAP, you could use
> BlueMail or K-9 Mail as an *extra* mail client and do the manual poll
> with that. After all, it's just a fallback in case you don't see/get
> the email with the 2SV code in your Inbox.

On Windows, Bluemail is a UWP (Univeral Windows Platform) app, not a
Win32 program.  Do you know if Bluemail has a setting to configure it as
a startup app, so it is running when I log into my Windows account?  On
Android, is it manifested to be a stick app or use a service, so it is
running when I startup the smartphone?  I don't want to remember to
start an e-mail app.

I currently use the eM Client program on my Windows desktop.  I tried
their UWP app, but it had no option to start it on Windows login.  I
figured out how to specify the app ID on a command line, but it was
simpler to just go back to their Win32 program.

While eM Client supports EAS and EWS to MS accounts, MS took away those
protocols for us freeloaders.  Had to go to IMAP, and iCal and iCard.  I
had MS 365 for about 5 years, but quit a couple years ago.  Don't know
if I'll go back to it, but if I do then I regain EWS access.  Bluemail
says "Any device, any protocol".  I looked in their help, and both EAS
(Exchange ActiveSync) and EWS (Exchange Web Services) are supported.

Might have to retrial Bluemail since I cannot remember why I passed on
it before.

I trialed BlueMail a while ago, like 2 years.  For reasons I don't
remember now, I didn't like it.  However, I don't see how Bluemail when
using IMAP IDLE is going to perform any different than my current e-mail
client that also supports IMAP IDLE.  It only works on the Inbox folder.
As with Bluemail, I would configure a very short poll interval to get
the other folders updated quickly, like 1-minute polls.  A 1-minute
delay to see I got a 2FA code is okay since they don't expire for many
minutes longer.