Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240314235029.00000fd9@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] Toronto police urge car owners to make things easy for car
 thieves
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 23:50:29 -0400

On Thu, 14 Mar 2024 13:33:27 -0700
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 23:46:33 -0400, Rhino
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> >The TPS (Toronto Police Service) is on the job! After due
> >consideration, they've come up with a plan: make it easy for thieves
> >to get your keys so that you don't get hurt by home-invading
> >thieves!! They're literally giving out this advice at public
> >meetings. And Torontonians are following this advice by putting up
> >signs at their doors telling thieves that their house doors are
> >unlocked and the keys are right by the door!!!
> >
> >https://www.blogto.com/city/2024/03/toronto-police-car-theft/
>
> That would be something like the guy whose Lexus was stolen in one of
> the outer burbs in Toronto and using the GPS he followed it - all the
> way to the docks in Quebec City

Actually, I think it was the Port of Montreal, which seems to be THE
main place these stolen calls are sent overseas.

> where he called 911 and pleaded
> unsuccessfully with the police to intervene before it was loaded into
> a container and loaded onto an outbound ship headed for parts unknown.
>
> Naturally he took photos of the whole affair but last I heard hadn't
> gotten anywhere.

The last story I saw said the car was still sitting in a lot in Nigeria
and the police were still "looking into it". But that was a few weeks
ago so there may be further unreported developments.

--
Rhino