Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240319123359.00002b1a@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Elon Musk Rips Don Lemon While Explaining How Illegal
 Immigration Helps Democrats
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 12:33:59 -0400

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 04:30:51 -0400
Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

> X owner Elon Musk dunked on former CNN host Don Lemon during an
> interview that aired this week after Lemon claimed that illegal
> aliens did not impact elections in the U.S.
>=20
> The interview aired on Lemon=E2=80=99s new show =E2=80=9CThe Don Lemon Sh=
ow,=E2=80=9D which
> has struggled to gain any traction =E2=80=94 many of his videos on YouTube
> have struggled to gain a few thousand views.
>=20
> Musk noted that illegal aliens have a =E2=80=9Cvery strong bias toward
> Democrat=E2=80=9D and he believes that Democrats are intentionally allowi=
ng
> illegal immigration to help their electoral power.
>=20
> =E2=80=9CWhen the census is done, the census is based on all people in an
> area, whether they are citizens or not,=E2=80=9D Musk said. =E2=80=9CSo i=
f there are
> a concentration of people who came here illegally in a particular
> state that state will actually then get an increased number of House
> seats. So the House seat apportionment is proportional to number of
> people, not the number of citizens. So the illegals overwhelmingly go
> to places like California, New York.=E2=80=9D
>=20
> =E2=80=9CAnd if you just look at that the math, if you look at the
> apportionment, with or without illegals =E2=80=A6 I believe the blue stat=
es,
> there would be a net loss of blue states of approximately 20 seats in
> the House,=E2=80=9D he added. =E2=80=9CThis also applies to the the Elect=
oral
> College. This also applies to electing the president. Because the
> same, the electoral votes are also done by apportionment the same way
> that House seats are done.=E2=80=9D
>=20
> Lemon claimed that Musk did not know what he was talking about and,
> in fact, that reality was =E2=80=9Cthe exact opposite=E2=80=9D of what Mu=
sk said.
>=20
> =E2=80=9CIf as is the case, a disproportionate number of illegal immigran=
ts
> go to blue states, they amplify the effect of a blue state vote,=E2=80=9D
> Musk explained. =E2=80=9CAnd the math as I understand it, you can research
> this obviously, very easily. It=E2=80=99s pretty straightforward to resea=
rch
> this. But my understanding is that the Democrats would lose
> approximately 20 seats in the House if illegals were not counted in
> the census, and that=E2=80=99s also 20 Less electoral votes for president=
.. So
> illegals absolutely do affect the who controls the House and who
> controls the presidency. It does not affect the Senate.=E2=80=9D
>=20
> WATCH:
> [...]
Elon Musk debating Don Lemon on *anything* always reminds me of a line
from the Partridge Family where Danny Bonaduce says he would gladly
have a battle of wits with the guy he's talking to but he "never does
battle with an unarmed man".=20

A brilliant visionary like Musk taking on a halfwit like Lemon is pure
entertainment gold.=20

--=20
Rhino