Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240319191440.00005f2c@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Cal State Professor: It's Racist to be a Taylor Swift Fan
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:14:40 -0400

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 19:40:52 +0000
BTR1701 <no_email@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> ..oh, and the Chiefs' Super Bowl win is a "white supremacist
> conspiracy".
>
> Who isn't sick of these people at this point?
>
> This is the sort of sick asshole that makes a six-figure salary paid
> for by your tax dollars.
>
> I see she also is one of those that perpetuates the out-and-out lie
> that police evolved from slave catchers and that there was no law
> enforcement before slavery. This is factually and utterly untrue, but
> this is what she teaches students at Cal State with our tax money.
>
> ----------------------
> https://nypost.com/2024/02/25/us-news/professor-says-being-a-taylor-swift-fan-is-slightly-racist-chiefs-super-bowl-win-was-white-supremacist-conspiracy/amp/
>
> A California professor, who is no stranger to controversial opinions,
> speculated that it might be racist to be a Taylor Swift fan.
>
> "Why do I feel like it's slightly racist to be a Taylor Swift fan?"
> Melina Abdullah posted to X.

I posted here several weeks ago about a university in the Philippines
that was offering a course in Taylor Swift. (As I recall, it was just a
single elective but if it becomes popular maybe it will be possible to
get a degree in Taylor Swift.)

I guess the folks in the Philippines are really racist then, right,
even if they are not "white" by the normal definition.

> Abdullah, a professor of Pan-African Studies at Cal State University
> Los Angeles, is a self-described "#BlackLivesMatter organizer,
> Pan-Africanist, Hip Hop scholar, daughter of God, womanist,
> truth-teller, mama," according to her post on X. She is also listed
> as a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter's Los Angeles chapter and
> co-director of the activist wing of the advocacy organization, Black
> Lives Matter Grassroots.

I have no idea what a "womanist" is supposed to be, do or think so I'll
grant her that until I hear a definition. But calling her a
"truth-teller" is nonsense: the correct term (which I just made up) is
a "feelings-teller" because that's what she does, tells others about
her feelings. Truth has nothing to do with it. As for being a Hip Hop
scholar, that is about as impressive as being a Fecal scholar, except
not as useful because doctors sometimes get important health
information from feces. Expertise in Hip Hop is about as useless as
anyone can imagine.

--
Rhino