Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240330121914.00000f7f@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: [OT] New hate crime laws for Scotland
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 12:19:14 -0400

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 02:58:42 +0000
BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2024 at 8:13:40 PM PDT, "Rhino"
> <no_offline_contact@example.com> wrote:
>
> > Leo Kearse explains new hate crime legislation coming into effect in
> > Scotland on April 1 and examines the likely consequences. Truly
> > appalling!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IA1p8jAp5ew
>
> Watch Scotland's First Minister rant about the fact that Scotland is
> a mostly white country.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI3JBBlmej4
>
> Imagine a white person going to an historically black country and
> bitching about the fact there are too many blacks there.

The First Minister is either Palestinian or married to a Palestinian
(or both) so you can imagine his viewpoints on the Middle East....

His party, the SNP (Scottish National Party) looks like it is going to
be gutted in the next election. They've had major scandals with both
the former First Minister (Nicola Sturgeon) and her husband (the former
President of the party) having to answer police inquiries about
corruption. (That case doesn't seem to have come to court yet.) The
beneficiary of this is likely to be Labour which was the dominant party
in Scotland before the SNP.

--
Rhino