Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240403b@crcomp.net>

From: "Don" <g@crcomp.net>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Raspberry Pi5 versus other cheap Intel based boxes for general computing
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 14:21:05 -0000 (UTC)

Jan Panteltje wrote:

> What somone learned when he replaced a cheap Pi 5 PC with a no-name Amazon mini desktop
>  https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/04/what-i-learned-when-i-replaced-my-cheap-pi-5-pc-with-a-no-name-amazon-mini-desktop/
>
> All that said, I post this from a Pi4 8GB, it is sometimes really slow,
> but I like and use the GPIO port.

FWIW, my *nix Desktops consist of cheap, refurbished, small form PCs,
stuffed with SSDs.

The STM GPIO interface typically provides a digital interface to my
electronic circuits. BSD RPis are used as intrinsic IDE hosts while
Blue and Black Pills are accessed via a STLink.

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;