Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240405184638.000025ae@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: The All New! NEW!! QUANTUM LEAP Cancelled After 2 Seasons
 by NBC
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 18:46:38 -0400

On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 11:29:39 +1300
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2024-04-05 22:23:46 +0000, Your Name said:
>
> > On 2024-04-05 21:52:38 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:
> >>
> >> As per Deadline:
> >>
> >> https://deadline.com/2024/04/quantum-leap-canceled-nbc-2-seasons-1235877093/
> >>
> >> I imagine this will p*ss some people off, as the way I heard it
> >> the show ended on a cliffhanger.
> >
> > They usually do end like that when cancelled, rather than being
> > able to reach a planned ending. If a show's fans are lucky, they do
> > get a conclusion via a feature-length episode (or more than one) or
> > via novelisations, but for most shows it is simply a case of "game
> > over" and the show's makers move on to something else.
> >
> > Despite what some people in Hollyweird like to claim, a show's /
> > movie's fans are completely irrelevant to anything, especially on
> > regular TV where they aren't paying anything to watch it. It's
> > solely about making money for the fat cats at the top - not
> > "enough" money being made to satisfy them, and the show / movie
> > gets cancelled.
>
> Of course, it's no different in any other big business. The
> Sanitarium company here in New Zealand is planning to stop making
> some of their breakfast cereals (and cut some jobs), mainly because
> they don't want to spend the money upgrading the equipment that makes
> it versus how much they make selling the cereal. Meanwhile the fat
> cats in management get bigger and bigger pay packets and bonuses.
>
> Similarly, the government has told many of their organisations /
> departments that they need to save money, so some are firing actual
> workers rather than cutting the obscenely excessive management
> salaries and bonuses.

Our (federal) government has allegedly grown 25% since the Liberals
took power in 2015, meaning that there are that many more reliable
Liberal voters and much more being spent by the government on civil
service salaries. I hope the next government does some very serious
pruning of the civil service!

--
Rhino