Article <20240408134633.00000cb8@example.com>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<20240408134633.00000cb8@example.com>

From: Rhino <no_offline_contact@example.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: [OT] What is it like to work with murderers?
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2024 13:46:33 -0400

A forensic psychiatrist answers questions about working with murderers
in high-security institutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cIiaAsXf8o [23 minutes]

I found this quite interesting. I think most of us have something of an
"out of sight, out of mind" philosophy to murderers; once they are
convicted and imprisoned, we tend not to think much about them and
forget that they are going to be in prison or mental institutions for a
very long time living what's left of their lives. We only tend to give
them any further thought if they escape or are executed.

I've probably watched too many movies or TV series where the killer is
a remorseless psychopath who only glories in his murders. We don't get
as many shows where the killer actually feels awful about what he's
done. The video implies that the latter are actually very common.

--
Rhino